Monday, December 03, 2007

Honoring Heroes at the Holidays Tour

This morning, Move America Forward brought their Honoring Heroes at the Holidays Tour through Lubbock. It was so nice to meet gold star mom Debbie Lee, Lt. Col. "Buzz" Patterson, and all the rest of the MAF gang. Debbie, hope you and Mary enjoy the cookbooks!

Our mayor, David Miller was in attendance along with Russell Thomasson, special assistant to the Chancellor of Texas Tech University, a representative from Congressman Randy Neugebauer's (TX-19) office (I'm sorry I didn't catch his name), and city councilman John Leonard. I was also happy to see Raider Red , the Saddle Tramps and all the blue star and gold star parents and veterans who made it out. We even met one young man who is leaving tonight for Navy boot camp. God bless him!

The local news coverage is here and here.

Move America Forward is collecting Christmas and holiday cards all along the tour to take to the troops serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. I know they collected quite a few today. If you are anywhere along their route be sure to stop by, say hello and sign a few cards. They also have t-shirts , books, and lots of other goodies for sale. I finished up some of my Christmas shopping, but I don't want to give it away in case a certain someone happens to read this.

I didn't get any pictures but luckily one of our members, Cindy, did. She got some really good ones!














No comments: