Monday, January 01, 2007

Freedom Project


Head on over and check out Minuteman76's Freedom Project. It starts today. I think it's a great project and well worth our support. I'm proud to be one of the early donors and I'm hoping that he will make a stop here in Lubbock. Maybe we could give him a tour of the Buddy Holly Center, the American Wind Power Center and the National Ranching Heritage Center to give him a little "Lubbock Education". Sounds like fun doesn't it? Minuteman76 is a wounded veteran and he also let me know about a website for Silver Star Families. You may remember in an earlier post about the blue star banner that I mentioned the silver stars for those wounded in service to our country. The Silver Star website will give you more information about that and you can also order a silver star banner. I know blondiebee could order one.

Speaking of Buddy Holly...just remembered this. When we went to Fukuoka, Japan to see the Softbank Hawks baseball team with my oldest son, we ate at the Hard Rock Cafe there. Near the cash register they had a Lubbock High School yearbook in a case, open to Buddy Holly's picture. Funny place to see a Lubbock high yearbook. We tried to tell the cashier that we were from Lubbock, but I don't think she understood what we were saying. She just smiled and nodded...;)

Wishing you all a blessed and joyful New Year!

No comments: