Tuesday, June 05, 2007

For My Country


Pat Boone has a new CD and DVD coming out called For My Country. I get emails from Paralyzed Veterans of America (a great charity), and they sent me an email about it today. I'm going to order it. I have sort of eclectic tastes in music. I like everything from bluegrass to Christian contemporary to classical to swing, and I happen to like Pat Boone. I have a song of his on a CD that a friend made for me called Everybody's Gonna Have Religion in Glory and I love it. I like to turn it up real loud in the car and sing along. Does that make me white and nerdy? :) Pat Boone has done so much to support our troops and I really appreciate his efforts.

Pat Boone (featuring the singing group Valor) pays tribute to the United States National Guard and our troops in this moving music video. Also includes touching interviews with the families of brave soldiers overseas. A major portion of the proceeds will aid the Paralyzed Veterans of America.
$14.98
Orderhere.

Also check out PVA's article about the first ever GI Film Festival.
On Memorial Day weekend 2007, the Paralyzed Veterans of America sponsored a GI Film Festival. This film festival was the first in the nation to celebrate the successes and sacrifices of America’s military. The festival presented films from new and established international and domestic filmmakers that honor the heroic stories of our military. Prizes were awarded to winners of three categories: feature, documentary, and film shorts.

Read it here.

No comments: