Friday, February 23, 2007

Thank You!

Thank you so much to all who have contributed recipes so far! The last time I checked, we had almost 60 recipes. That's a great start. We even had some contributed in honor of Brian Keith, who as you may know, is on our list of famous Marines. I think that is really sweet. I'll have to look into his time in the Marines and see what I can find out about it. Maybe one of you ladies who contributed the recipes knows all that? Please share if you do!

We are hoping for over 200 recipes, so please keep 'em coming. The more recipes, the better the cookbook will be. We're hoping to raise enough money to pay for shipping the upcoming year's carepacks. We spent well over $2,000 shipping this past Christmas mail out and over $500 on the Valentine's mail out. We also use the money to buy things that were not donated. For example, we didn't have enough socks for every care pack for Valentine's Day, so we bought about 60 pair. We don't want any of our Marines getting blisters! Also, I'm hoping we can send out some Girl Scout cookies for Easter and we'll have to buy those. If the cookbook (along with our bracelet sales coming up for the 4th of July) raises enough then we won't have to be begging you all for money all year! :)

I've had a good time going through all of my recipes to see which ones I want to put in. I've been cooking up a storm this week. I've found some recipes that I haven't thought of in years. Some are handwritten on the funniest things too; one on the back of an old gas bill, and one scribbled on the back of a receipt. There are even a couple on nice stationary and some on notebook paper...whatever was handy at the time I guess. I even found my bananas foster recipe. Maybe I should try that one out again. It's been a long time since I set dessert on fire! I have my mother and mother-in-law searching their files too. Yum!! This is going to be the best cookbook ever!

No comments: