Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Vacation Pictures

I know you can't wait to hear ALL about my vacation! :) As I already mentioned we went to Disneyland, the beach, and Hollywood, and got to see loads of relatives who either live in California or met us there, but the best part of the trip was that my oldest son was able to fly out and meet us there. We have been so blessed that both our Marines have been able to make it home this summer. I wish we could have had them both on vacation with us, but I'm so glad we got to see them both.

Disneyland was fun and the lines weren't as bad as I thought they might be. I know some people (my husband included) aren't crazy about amusement parks, but I always have fun. I like the rides as much as the kids do. I think Indiana Jones was my favorite, but Space Mountain and Splash Mountain were really good too. We did stand in line for an hour and a half for the new submarine ride. I don't know that it was worth the line, but it was a fun ride and I enjoyed the people watching while we waited. I heard 3 or 4 different languages being spoken that day.

We also went to Santa Monica beach and pier and to Hollywood. We stayed most of the day at the beach and wound up with a little too much sun. We just didn't want to leave. We are so far from the beach in our part of Texas that it's not something we get to do on a regular basis. The next day we rode the subway to Hollywood and Highland. That was an adventure in itself as we don't have subways here. It was fun to see the Walk of Fame and the footprints and handprints in front of Grauman's Chinese theater and we took one of those cheesy tours. I enjoyed that too. Maybe I'm easily amused. ;) We saw Dr. Phil's house (lovely Spanish style home), Sean Connery's house, Jackie Chan's house (plus many more), drove down Sunset Strip and Rodeo Drive...over two hours worth of sightseeing on the tour. It was a wonderful vacation, but I am glad to be home.

No comments: