Friday, October 26, 2007

Scam Alert!

This warning comes from a Marine mom who was herself a Marine Gunny (hence the way she handled this). Never give your credit card information out over the phone unless you are the one making the phone call and you are absolutely sure who you are talking to. It never ceases to amaze me how people can come up with such low down scams like this.

I got a call last night from the 440 area code (which is OH somewhere). Anyway, the woman said that she was from the Marine Corps Association and she said that Chris had renewed his subscription to Leatherneck Magazine in August and had not paid the $42. They asked for PFC which he hasn't been in a long time. The lady without even taking a breath said "I know this is his mother and if you give me your credit card number I will go ahead and take care of this so his credit is not affected." Knowing that the entire line she was feeding me was BS I told her "If you ever call this number again, I will hunt you down like the dog you are and rip the skin off your body with my bare f***ing hands. How dare you take advantage of our fighting men and women!" She hung up very quickly. I called the MCA (Marine Corps Association) this morning and asked about my son's subscription. The nice woman told me that it was paid in full and that there was no problem. I did tell her about the phone call.

I had remembered receiving an email recently about this from another organization that I am a member of.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND LET FOLKS KNOW TO BE CAREFUL!!!

No comments: